s[edition] is the world’s leading platform for digital editions, that allows people to collect, share and trade art in digital format.
Launched in November 2011 by the former CEO of Saatchi Online (Robert Norton) and Harry Blain, gallery owner of Haunch of Venison & BlainSouthern. The company is already working with many of the most well known contemporary artists including Damien Hirst, Tracey Emin, Jeny Holzer, Bill Viola and Shepard Fairey among others.
s[edition] offers a disruptive business model designed to change the way people share and trade art online and has already struck significant marketing deals with Samsung, Apple, Aurasma and The ICA.
The company has just completed a Series A financing among angel investors and has a product team of 12 developers and designers operating out of Notting Hill Gate, London.
Following a successful launch, the company is seeking its first marketing hire and is looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial self-starter with proven start-up experience and a passion for art and technology.
As Community Manager of s[edition], you will be responsible for managing the overall communication strategy for s[edition], building media relations and ensuring regular coverage.
The role is ideally suited to someone with an arts background but with a love of technology and start-up cultures. You will be equally comfortable liaising with artists and artist studios as well as building audiences through social media channels. Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- • Overall brand identity of s[edition] within the media – identifying and creating communications strategies for all aspects of the company
- • Drafting and disseminating press releases for s[edition]
- • Producing copy for the s[edition] website and e-mailers, including news articles, artwork descriptions, artist profiles, etc
- • Creating strategies for social media PR (Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc) to increase awareness of the site within the public realm
- • Collaborating with external PR companies and agencies
- • Collating and filing press, internet and broadcast material on the company and the artists represented
- • Creating and managing a PR calendar of communications outreach.
- • Work closely with the VP, Marketing & freelance editors and designers
- • Producing a general digest of daily art news of the contemporary art market, news of sales, exhibitions, etc
- • Assisting with the organisation of events
- • Building and maintaining media database
- • Minimum 2 years’ experience in a PR role, preferably with experience in the arts and/or new media sectors
- • Demonstrated experience in drafting press communications and writing copy for the web
- • Knowledge of the contemporary art scene
- • Passionate, charismatic, credible communicator
- • Creative and innovative
- • Ability to thrive in a high energy, fast growth, entrepreneurial environment
- • Hands-on; completes tasks
- • Strong team player who can build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- • Be pro-active – “able to work things out”
- • Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com