Location: Notting Hill Gate, London
Function: Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
s[edition] is a digital arts ecommerce company building a next generation platform to collect, share and trade art online. Founded by leaders in the art and ecommerce world, we are a rapidly growing team of developers and seeking an expert Ruby on Rails Developer.
You will have built and deployed commercial Ruby on Rails applications that scale. You write readable, maintainable code, take pride in your work and deeply care about the resulting experience. You should have experience implementing applications that rely heavily on asynchronous task processing, task scheduling and in-memory data caching solutions. You should be capable of working with large quantities of data to identify and implement new relationships between entities that will help s[edition] grow as an engaging, social platform.
- 100% commitment and appetite to work in a start-up environment
- Proven track record of delivering results under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Strong aptitude for learning and embracing change
- Friendly, engaging personality with excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Strength in all the Rails fundamentals, Rails 3 and above
- A firm database contention and object-oriented design
- TDD/BDD with good automated test writing skills
- Expert knowledge of web application security
- Application performance testing and management
- Experience of an Agile/Scrum environment
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar
Excellent package including health insurance, pension and stock options.
s[edition] is a new way to collect, store, share and distribute limited edition art for your digital life. Working with some of the world’s leading artists, s[edition] enables you to buy digital versions of the world’s most desirable contemporary art. Backed by leaders in the art and ecommerce world, the company has launched with exclusive art for use on smart phones, monitors, televisions and other digital displays. Each original artwork will come with its own certificate of authenticity that can be traded when the edition is sold out.
To Apply: Send in a link to your portfolio and CV to email@example.com