Sedition is delighted to offer a range of digital artworks by world renowned contemporary artists for sale at the Royal Academy in London. Fourteen artworks created exclusively for Sedition by Royal Academicians Michael Craig-Martin, Jenny Holzer, Tracey Emin, Ron Arad, Bob and Roberta Smith and Yinka Shonibare MBE are available as gift cards now displayed in the Royal Academy foyer and shop. Priced between £20 and £155, the full range of digital editions can be viewed and purchased on the Royal Academy online shop.
The Sedition gift cards are an easy and affordable way to take an original limited edition video artwork home with you from the Royal Academy or give as a special gift for a friend or loved one. All works can be viewed on any smartphone, tablet, computer or TV. In this way, Sedition presents presents a new way to collect and display art in the digital age.
For the best viewing experience, we highly recommend downloading our apps for iPhone, iPad and Android from the App Store and GooglePlay to experience the works at home or on the move. Works can be downloaded into the app and viewed even while offline. You can also access the artworks through the browser by logging in at www.seditionart.com.
To redeem your Royal Academy digital edition, simply:
- Select an artwork and bring the gift card to checkout to purchase.
- Scratch off the back of the card to reveal a code.
- Go to www.seditionart.com/redeem
- Sign-in or create an account on Sedition (it’s free to join). Enter the code on the back of the card and click Redeem.
- The artwork is automatically added to your Vault on your Sedition account and can be viewed on any connected TV, tablet, smartphone or computer.
- Download the free Sedition iPhone/iPad, Android and Samsung Smart TV app to enjoy the artwork on your screens and devices.
The launch of the Sedition display coincides with opening of the Royal Academy’s Summer Exhibition 2016, which runs from 13 June until 21 August 2016. This year’s exhibition features work by Jake & Dinos Chapman, Jane & Louise Wilson, Ron Arad and Gordon Cheung and many others. For the institution’s 250th anniversary in 2018, a large-scale public artwork by Yinka Shonibare MBE has been designed to wrap around the facade of the Royal Academy building. It features a collage of images showing key figures and moments in the history of the institution, overlaid with a brightly coloured fabric design by Shonibare.
Visit the Royal Academy at Burlington House, Piccadilly, London W1J 0BDTags: digital art, gift cards, point of sale, Ron Arad, Royal Academy, shop, Summer Exhibition, tracey emin, Yinka Shonibare