We are delighted to announce the shortlist selected for the FutureFest Art Prize. We received over 270 submissions from around the world and after a challenging review process, twelve artworks (three for each theme) have been selected to be showcased at the weekend festival in September. Four overall winners will be selected and announced following a live audience vote at the event. Each winner will be awarded a £500 cash prize and will have their work launched on Sedition and promoted to an international audience of art and digital enthusiasts and collectors.
The shortlisted artworks are:
Judges: Ghislaine Boddington, Rory Blain
Judges: Ruth Amos, Tom Berman, Geoff Mulgan
- Lighting Tools: Device for Excavations by Ivaylo Hristov
- Mutasphere 00 by DoPe
- Semioticsofthekitchen.com by Oihane Iragüen
Judges: Pat Kane, Claudia Hart, Ashley Wong
- Audio Ballerina Solo: PEEPERS by Benoit Maubrey
- Pure Movement 3, Environment 1.2 by Ulla Nolden
- Inferno by Louis-Phillippe Demers and Bill Vorn
Judges: Dr Morgaine Gaye, FIELD, Josh McNorton
- Bioplastic Fantastic by Johanna Schmeer
- Living and Lifeless by Kollinger Szabolcs
- Surrogate Mechanica by Keith Kamholz
Futurefest is Nesta’s annual festival of ideas, talks and interactive performances that will take place from 17-18 September 2016 at London’s Tobacco Dock. The event focuses ideas and visions that will define the future in 20-30 years to come. This year’s festival is curated around four themes exploring the future of: Love, Work, Play and Thrive. This year’s festival will feature influential speakers including, Brian Eno, DJ Spooky, Will Self, Sherry Coutu and Rhianna Pratchett, and many more, alongside performances and art installations presented throughout the weekend.